What is Generic? This is a generic or unpatented drug, which copies the original drug, since the term of patent protection for the active ingredient of the original drug has expired. In most of the cases generic may differ by ancillary components.
Reading the description of generic medicines, you should take into account the following:
- Generics contain the same active ingredient as the original;
- Generic drug may differ from the original by non-active ingredients, preservatives, fillers, dyes, etc.
- Differences are also found in manufacturing technology of drugs;
- They also may differ by shape, color, size, design, labeling and, most importantly, cost.
Against the background of original drugs, the generic drugs are distinguished by the fact that they are much cheaper. The reason is that the producers do not invest in the cost of drug costs for research and product development, as well as for certificates safety and efficacy, and costs for advertising and marketing campaign.
Generic medicines undergo comparative tests in the following categories:
- Active ingredient;
- Indications for use (prescribed under the same conditions as the original.)
Generics are biologically and pharmaceutically equivalent original drug.
The generic medicines are not allowed to have the names of original products, as this will be a direct violation of copyright, so they are usually called after the name of main component of the drug. By the way, generics also have a few names:
- The generic version;
- The generic drugs;
- Generic versions of drugs.
Buy Generic Prozac Online